Tuesday, August 23, 2011

JERRY JENKINS ON SELF-EDITING

From Jerry Jenkins: Check Out My Writer's Digest Webinar Tomorrow!


Years ago I worked under an editor who could always improve on my work. I vowed to polish my writing until he couldn't find one more thing to change. I never quite achieved that; his eye was that sharp. But I did get better, and I learned to be a ferocious self-editor. Writing is rewriting and can be the most fun part of the creative process.

Self-editing to the point where I'm happy with every word I submit has become a hallmark of my work and one of the keys to my publishing more than 175 books with over 70 million sales. Like anyone else, I still need that editor's second pair of eyes, but nothing gives me greater satisfaction that to hear that hardly anything had to be changed.

Writer's Digest has asked me to teach you the art self-editing in a Webinar scheduled for tomorrow, Thursday, August 25 at 1 p.m. Eastern Time. I'll tell you everything I've learned over the years, we'll look at samples, there'll be time for Q & A, and hopefully you'll go on to sell your writing like never before.

Check out all the details at http://bit.ly/pqTZn6, and I'll look forward to seeing you on line tomorrow.







No comments: