Tuesday, March 4, 2008

TAX TIPS FOR WRITERS

With a tax deadline a little over a month away, I realize many of you are struggling with tax questions that are often unique to the writer. Where do you find answers to how and when to claim your writing as a busines, what writing-related expenses are deductible, what forms do you fill out--and the questions go on. I just wanted to let you know that I have an inexpensive booklet in my bookstore that will answer all those questions and more. The spiral-bound booklet, updated for 2008,is called "Totally Honest Tax Tips for Writers" and is written by Sandy Cathcart--an active, successful freelance writer and former licensed tax preparer--so someone who knows both businesses well. The booklet is also full of tips that will help you organize your writing business. The booklet is only $12 including postage, and you can order it at my Website bookstore at www.stuartmarket.com.

No comments: